Top Union Ministers and leaders of BJP were in attendance today as a crucial three-day co-ordination meet of RSS and its affiliates started today in which Prime Minister Narendra Modi is also expected to participate with a host of issues including those confronting the Centre likely to come up for discussion.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar, Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari, Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu, Chemicals and Fertilisers Minister Ananth Kumar, Health Minister JP Nadda and other Union ministers attended the Sangh meet. BJP chief Amit Shah was also present.
During the exercise, issues like spread of the organisation, census figures, One rank, One Pension (OROP) demand of ex-servicemen and the recent agitation of Patidars (Patels) in Gujarat are expected to come up for discussion.
- Mohan Bhagwat, other leaders to camp in Somnath for six days for RSS meet
- Rahul Gandhi’s job lessons at OBC meet has Coke-shikanji twist
- Sampark for Samarthan: BJP steps up its outreach programme, takes feedback
- Pranab Mukherjee’s Nagpur visit gives massive boost to RSS’s image makeover bid
- Meet with BJP ministers not coordination meeting, but exercise to interchange ideas: RSS
- RSS starts four-day meet in Delhi
The meeting has acquired significance as it comes against the backdrop of ruling BJP involved in a bitter confrontation with the Opposition over the contentious land bill issue and the upcoming Bihar polls.
93 main functionaries of the RSS and its 15 affiliates are expected to “exchange notes” over relevant issues during the meeting.
The participation this time is almost double the attendance at such events in the past.