The results of the Lok Sabha elections are out. While the results have brought in some new faces like Moon Moon Sen and Harsh Vardhan in the Lok Sabha, there are some old ones who failed to make it to Parliament this year. Some stalwarts like Kapil Sibal and Salman Khurshid failed to ensure a win this time. Here’s a list of 30 prominent names that failed in the race to the lower house of Parliament:
2. Ministry of Law & Justice Kapil Sibal of Congress lost to BJP’s Dr. Harsh Vardhan from Chandni Chowk constituency in Delhi.3
3. Minister of External Affairs Salman Khursheed, who during election campaign called Narendra Modi “impotent” lost to BJP’s Mukesh Rajput of BJP from Farrukhabad constituency in Uttar Pradesh.
4. Congress general secretary Ajay Maken lost to BJP’s Meenakshi Lekhi from New Delhi constituency in Delhi.
5. BJP’s Smirti Irani, who contested from Amethi against Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi lost despite huge sweep by BJP across country.
6. Priya Dutt of Congress lost her Mumbai North Central constituency to her rival Poonam Mahajan of BJP.
7. Music composer and BJP candidate from Srerampur constituency Bappi Lahiri loses to TMC’s Kalyan Banerjee in West Bengal.
8.. Bollywood actor Raj Babbar lost to V.K. Singh of BJP from Ghaziabad constituency of Uttar Pradesh.
10. Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh of Rashtriya Lok Dal lost to Dr. Satya Pal Singh of BJP from Baghpat constituency in Uttar Pradesh.
11. Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal of Indian National Congress lost to Dr. Murli Manohar Joshi of BJP from Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh.
12. Minister for New and Renewable Energy Farooq Abdullah of National Conference lost to Tariq Hameed Karra of PDP from Srinagar constituency in Jammu and Kashmir.
Ghulam Nabi Azad
13. Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad of Congress lost to Dr. Jitendra Singh of BJP from Udhampur constituency in Jammu and Kashmir.
14. Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office V. Narayanasamy who contested on Congress seat from Puducherry constituency lost to R. Radhakrishnan of All India N.R. Congress.
15. Union minister Sachin Pilot of Congress lost to Sanwar Lal Jat of BJP from Ajmer constituency in Rajasthan.
16. Union minister Girja Vyas of Congress lost to Chandra Prakash Joshi of BJP from Chittorgarh constituency in Rajasthan.
Bhanwar Jitendra Singh
17. Union minister Bhanwar Jitendra Singh of Congress lost to BJP’s Chand Nath from Alwar constituency in Rajasthan.
18. Former India cricket captain Mohd. Azharuddin of Congress lost to Sukhbir Singh Jaunapur from Tonk-Sawai Madhopur constituency in Rajasthan.
Pawan Kumar Bansal
19. Former Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal of Congress lost to Kher Kirron Anupam of BJP from Chandigarh constituency.
20. Former telecom ministerm A. Raja of DMK lost to Gopalkrishnan. C. of AIADMK from Nilgiris constituency in Tamil Nadu.
21. Arun Jaitley of BJP lost to Captain Amrinder Singh of Congress from Amritsar constituency in Punjab.
22. Bhaichung Bhutia of Trinamool Congress lost to S.S.Ahluwalia from Darjeeling constituency in West Bengal.
24. Expelled BJP leader Jaswant Singh who fought as an Independent candidate from Barmer constituency lost to Col. Sona Ram of BJP.
26. Former Bihar chief minister Rabri Devi of RJD lost to Rajiv Pratap Rudy of BJP from Saran constituency in Bihar.
27. Filmmaker Prakash Jha who fought on Janata Dal-United ticket fro the second time lost to Dr. Sanjay Jaiswal of BJP from West Champaran constituency in Bihar.
28. Actor Ravi Kishan who fought on a Congress ticket from Jaunpur constituency in Uttar Pradesh lost to BJP’s Krishna Pratap with a huge margin..
29. Shazia Ilmi of AAP who fought her maiden Lok Sabha election from Ghaziabad lost to V.K Singh of BJP got only 89147 votes against V.K Singh’s 758482 votes.
30. Maharashtra PWD minister Chhagan Bhujbal who contested on NCP ticket from Nashik constituency in Maharashtra lost to Godse Hemant Tukaram of Shiv Sena.