Updated: May 17, 2014 4:13:53 pm
The results of the Lok Sabha elections are out. While the results have brought in some new faces like Moon Moon Sen and Harsh Vardhan in the Lok Sabha, there are some old ones who failed to make it to Parliament this year. Some stalwarts like Kapil Sibal and Salman Khurshid failed to ensure a win this time. Here’s a list of 30 prominent names that failed in the race to the lower house of Parliament:
1. Former Delhi chief minister, Arvind Kejriwal who challenged Narendra Modi in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh lost with a margin of 371784 votes.
2. Ministry of Law & Justice Kapil Sibal of Congress lost to BJP’s Dr. Harsh Vardhan from Chandni Chowk constituency in Delhi.3
3. Minister of External Affairs Salman Khursheed, who during election campaign called Narendra Modi “impotent” lost to BJP’s Mukesh Rajput of BJP from Farrukhabad constituency in Uttar Pradesh.
10. Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh of Rashtriya Lok Dal lost to Dr. Satya Pal Singh of BJP from Baghpat constituency in Uttar Pradesh.
Pawan Kumar Bansal
19. Former Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal of Congress lost to Kher Kirron Anupam of BJP from Chandigarh constituency.
21. Arun Jaitley of BJP lost to Captain Amrinder Singh of Congress from Amritsar constituency in Punjab.
26. Former Bihar chief minister Rabri Devi of RJD lost to Rajiv Pratap Rudy of BJP from Saran constituency in Bihar.
30. Maharashtra PWD minister Chhagan Bhujbal who contested on NCP ticket from Nashik constituency in Maharashtra lost to Godse Hemant Tukaram of Shiv Sena.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.