As India–Pakistan DG-level talks are being held today in New Delhi, Pakistani troops again violated ceasefire on the Line of Control at Nowgam sector in North Kashmir. Two BSF jawans were injured in the firing.
Officials said that Pakistani troops opened fire on the BSF pickets on the LoC in Nowgam sector in the morning. The BSF jawans also retaliated with full force. Officials said that BSF patrol party was on a routine patrol from Hira Left Post to Hira Right Post, when two sniper shots were fired from Pakistani posts that left the jawans Jawhar Lal Yadav and Rahul Yadav injured.
- Pakistan Rangers gun down BSF man, slit his throat
- J-K: Four BSF personnel killed in ceasefire violation by Pakistan along IB
- Pakistan violates ceasefire again, one BSF jawan killed
- Pakistan violates ceasefire again,targets Indian posts in Rajouri
- Pakistan violates ceasefire again,BSF jawan injured
- Pak violates ceasefire again,BSF jawan injured in firing
“Two of our jawans were injured in the ceasefire violation by Pakistan. The injured jawans were shifted to hospital,’’ BSF spokesman told The Indian Express. The firing is still going on in the area.
Last month, a junior commissioned officer of Army was killed in the same sector when Pakistani soldiers opened fire on the Indian troops.