Modi has defined the year, and the Acronym has defined Modi. He began 2014 with ABCD (Adarsh, Bofors, Coal scam and Daamad) at election rallies, and ended it with another ABCD (Avoid, Bypass, Confuse, Delay) to tell the Made In India workshop on Monday what he would like changed in the government’s culture. There were other SMART ones along the ROAD, each of them a HIT.
Here’s a look at the acronyms that Modi made famous in 2014:
1. RSVP: Rahul, Sonia, Vadra, Priyanka-the Parivar he referred to repeatedly during the election campaign.
2. SABKA: SaPa, BaSaPa, Congress– the three forces that he urged voters in Uttar Pradesh to defeat.
3. 3 AKs– “Admired in Pakistan”: AK-47, AK Antony, and “AK-49 who floated a new party”.
4. 4 Ps: People, Private, Public Partnership– He said the government should move from PPP to PPPP.
5. SMART: Strict but Sensitive, Modern and Mobile, Alert and Accountable, Reliable and Responsive, Tech-savvy and Trained– What the police must be, described to the DGPs- IGPs conference.
6. MOM: Mars Orbiter Mission– “I was sure that Mom won’t disappoint us,” he said after witnessing the successful insertion of MOM into Martian orbit.
7. NDA: National Development Alliance– What he called the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance ahead of the Lok Sabha elections.
8. 3 Ss: Skill, Scale, Speed– What the youth should focus on in order to compete with China; describing his government’s first Budget, he said development should be Samaveshak, Sarvadeshak, Sarvasparshi.
9. P2G2: Pro People Good Governance– Referring to his government’s focus.
10. 5 Ts: Talent, Tradition, Tourism, Trade, Technology- The focus on reviving Brand India
11. 3 Ds: Democracy, Demography, Demand- What India can offer foreign investors.
12. FDI: First Develop India– The mantra of Make In India.
13. INCH towards MILES: India-China towards a Millennium of Exceptional Synergy– Formulation to describe the future of the India-China relationship.
14. HIT: Highways, Informationways, Transmissionways– In Nepal, Modi said he wanted to HIT the country with these.
15. B2B: Bharat to Bhutan– During his visit to Bhutan, Modi codified the relationship with the neighboring country.
16. ROAD: Responsibility, Ownership, Accountablity, Discipline- Mantra for success, given at Made In India workshop on Monday.