A 45-year-old farmer from Nizamabad district of Telangana allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself to an electric pole at Lower Tank Bund here today, police said.
Limbaiah B had come to the city three days ago and got his son, who was suffering from a health problem, admitted to a private hospital in Chaderghat area, they said.
- Amid Maratha quota stir, two more ‘commit suicide’
- Jharkhand: Seven of family found dead, suicide suspected
- Gujarat: Farmer ‘commits suicide’ in Jamnagar
- Telangana CM K Chandrasekhar Rao pitches for tax incentives to fast-growing states
- Bareilly: Day after he was charged with attempt to rape, youth’s body found hanging from tree
- Thousands march for Telangana
This morning, Limbaiah went to Lower Tank Bund and gave Rs 10,000 to a temple priest asking him to put the money in a ‘hundi’ (offering box) and later hanged himself from the pole, Gandhi Nagar Police Station Inspector A Sanjeeva Rao said.
“The incident is not farm-related (loan due or crop failure) and the exact reason for him to resort to the extreme step is being verified,” Rao said.
A case has been registered and further probe is on.