As a precautionary measure against the spread of swine flu, after an undergraduate student died due to a suspected case of the virus Saturday, the Aligarh Muslim University has suspended undergraduate classes for girls for five days till February 18.
AMU spokesperson Rahat Abrar said, “Only one case of suspected swine flu has been reported so far and the deceased girl might possibly have contracted the disease during an excursion to South India.”
- Swine flu scare: AMU suspends classes till February 25
- Swine flu: 100 deaths in 3 days take toll to 585, masks and medicines in short supply
- Aligarh Muslim University suspends classes after swine flu death
- 4 more succumb to swine flu
- Seven-year-old Vadodara girl becomes second swine flu victim in Gujarat
- India’s 1st swine flu death: 14-year-old Pune girl
Meanwhile, death of a college employee by swine flu has prompted students of Government Polytechnic at Brahmapuri to leave the town.