As the NDA government and BJP battle to contain the fallout of the revelations involving Lalit Modi, Sushma Swaraj is set to head off for the US on June 20 as planned.
Swaraj is to lead the International Yoga Day celebrations in New York on June 21. “As of now, the minister’s travel plans are in place. There is no clearing of her schedule. She will be travelling by Air India,” an official said.
The official said the minister was also going about her daily schedule in a “business-as-usual” manner. On Tuesday, she flagged off the first batch of Kailash Mansarovar Yatra from the new route, though media was kept out and only cameras allowed at the event.
- Nepal terms Sushma Swaraj’s remarks on PM Modi’s Janakpur reception as ‘unfortunate’
- People dying on border, terror and talks can’t go together: Sushma Swaraj on dialogue with Pakistan
- Sushma Swaraj to join 125th anniversary commemoration of Mahatma Gandhi’s train eviction
- SCO meeting: Sushma Swaraj departs for 6-day visit to China, Mongolia; Sitharaman to join on April 24
- Sushma Swaraj to visit China later this week
- India, Azerbaijan committed to strengthening ties in trade, connectivity, tourism, says Sushma Swaraj in Baku
Swaraj talked about the yatra, calling it “God’s calling” for pilgrims.
On Monday, she spent five hours in office from 11 am.
Sources close to Swaraj said she was “monitoring” every bit of news on the controversy, including press conferences held by the Congress on Monday and by colleagues Arun Jaitley and Rajnath Singh on Tuesday.