Congress leader Shashi Tharoor will be questioned in connection with the death of his wife Sunanda Pushkar on Thursday. The questioning will be held by the SIT at the Vasant Kunj AATS office in the afternoon.
According to sources, Tharoor’s domestic help, Narain Singh, was called for questioning on Wednesday and is likely to be questioned again. The police have prepared a fresh questionnaire for Tharoor based on the information they gathered after questioning Singh and Pushkar’s son Shiv Menon.
- Sunanda Pushkar case: Delhi court grants regular bail to Shashi Tharoor, next hearing on July 26
- Sunanda Pushkar death case: Shashi Tharoor to appear in Delhi court today
- Sunanda Pushkar death case: Shashi Tharoor granted anticipatory bail
- Sunanda Pushkar death case: Delhi court reserves order on summons to Shashi Tharoor as accused
- Sunanda Pushkar death case: A timeline of events
- Shashi Tharoor charged with abetment to suicide in Sunanda Pushkar case
Sources said Menon was questioned for over eight hours on February 5 and was asked about Pushkar’s relationship with Tharoor. Menon was also questioned about Pushkar’s health and behaviour days before her death. The police asked Menon to recall his last conversation with Pushkar.
Police claimed to have got some leads after questioning Menon and Tharoor.
The police have prepared the fresh questions on the basis of past statements given by Tharoor and his domestic help.
“We have called Tharoor for questioning by the SIT. The procedure is on and the SIT is carrying out a thorough investigation in the matter,” Delhi Police Commissioner B S Bassi said.