A Class XII student has been barred from taking the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSHSEB) for three years for allegedly scribbling abuses against the examiner on his answer-sheet after he was caught cheating in the exams.
To set an example for such cases, the GSHSEB examination committee took the decision on Thursday. “Generally candidates scribble irrelevant things on the answer-sheets and most of the times, evaluators do not report this to the board. But in this case, he was first caught copying in the exam hall and then scribbled abuses in his answer-sheet,” said Bharat Chaudhary, GSHSEB examination committee member.
The candidate, appearing for Class XII Psychology examination at a school in Surendranagar district, was caught cheating by the examiner. When he was handed back the answer-sheet to complete his paper after recording the “copy case” on his sheet, he scribbled the abuses.
- Gujarat students who couldn’t spell their own name, excelled in English in Board exams
- Gujarat GSEB 10th Results 2018 Date and Time: Result on May 28, check at gseb.org
- GUJCET 2018: Over 1.36 lakh candidates appear, students rate paper easy
- Gujarat education board set to verify 100% CCTV footage – 3,200 CDs
- Gujarat Education dept to introduce maths, science NCERT textbooks from next academic session
- GSHSEB exams: Class X student reveals his cousin wrote six papers for him