Two school children were crushed to death and seven others injured by a speeding truck his morning here, following which locals blocked the Delhi-Dehradun Highway and pelted stones at the police.
The incident occurred when five children were going to school and a speeding truck hit them from behind near Chaparral illage, killing Anas (10) and Bushra (11) on the spot and njuring the rest, police said.
- Gujarat: 19 killed as truck loaded with cement overturns near Dholera in Ahmedabad
- Uttarakhand: 11 Uttar Pradesh pilgrims killed, 19 injured in accident
- Three injured as dumper rams into eight cars on Pune-Ahmednagar Road
- Lakhimpur Kheri: 12 killed as van rams into truck
- Van rams into parked truck in UP’s Lakhimpur Kheri; at least twelve dead
- Mumbai-Bengaluru Highway: 18 killed as speeding truck carrying labourers, families veers off road
Bodies have been sent for post-mortem and four others, who also received injuries in the accident were shifted to a nearby hospital for treatment along with the (injured) children, they said.
Angry locals caught the driver and thrashed him before handing him over to the police, they said, adding, they also blocked the national highway and pelted stones at the police due to which traffic was affected.
Senior police officers rushed to the spot and dispersed the crowd.