In controversial remarks, the Shiv Sena today said the increasing population of Muslims in the country will cause language and geographical imbalance and asked Prime Minister Narendra Modi to ensure that Muslims accept the necessity of family planning.
The Sena said that increasing the Hindu population to counter Muslims is not the solution and that the “Sangh” should pressurise the government to strictly impose family planning on all religions.
“From 2001-2011, Muslim population increased by around 24 per cent and must have increased by another 5-10 percent till 2015. The increasing population will cause language, geographical and sentimental imbalance and will create cracks in the unity of the country,” the Sena said in an edit in mouthpiece ‘Saamana.’
- In 2019, even if BJP gets 220-240 seats, Narendra Modi will run govt: Union Minister Ramdas Athawale
- No-trust motion: Sena compares Modi to France, Rahul to Croatia
- Indira Gandhi’s contribution cannot be written off because of Emergency move: Shiv Sena
- Indira’s contribution cannot be written off because of Emergency move: Shiv Sena
- Shiv Sena: Time to come out of delusion that PM Narendra Modi would do something for poor
- Shiv Sena’s evolution: From Marathi Manoos to Hindutva, from with the BJP to without the BJP
“The Prime Minister should clearly tell Muslims to obey the law of the land and accept the necessity of family planning. The PM promised to address their issues even if they knock his doors midnight. But, will Muslims similarly run to help the country?” it questioned.
“More than Lokpal, the country needs a Common Civil Code in place,” it said.
“Whoever wants to try Ghar Wapsi can do so. We do not oppose it. But this is not the solution to stop Islamic onslaught on the country. Pakistan has an Islamic government.
Even countries like Iraq have an Islamic government. But in those countries, human lives there do not have much dignity. On the contrary, countries like Turkmenistan, that have adopted modern technology are in the race with Europe and America. Modi government should knock the doors of Muslims and apprise them with this fact,” the Sena said.