The Mumbai Police probing the Sheena Bora murder case have learnt from the Forensic Science Laboratory that eight of the 10 codes from DNA extracted from the skeletal remains found at Pen and accused Indrani Mukerjea’s blood samples have matched.
To conclude that the skeletal remains belong to Sheena, police sources said, the FSL would have to complete the tests on another eight codes. The police are expecting a report from the FSL Monday.
The police had sent the skeletal remains found at Pen, along with blood samples of Indrani and Sheena’s brother Mekhail Bora, to the state FSL last week. The forensic report will play an important part for the police to prove the charges against the accused Indrani, her former husband Sanjeev Khanna and former driver Shyamvar Rai.
Meanwhile, a day before her police custody ends (on September 7), the police took Indrani to her fourth-floor residence in Worli in connection with the probe.
Indrani entered the gates of Marlow Housing Society on Sir Pochkanwala Road, Worli, at 4.03 pm Sunday and stayed on the premises for more than an hour.
- Sheena Bora case: Indrani told me not to visit her house for 3 days says ex-housekeeper
- Indrani Mukerjea discharged from JJ Hospital in Mumbai
- Sheena Bora murder case: Didn’t know reality, only followed my boss’ orders, says Indrani’s former secy
- Body parts found in Raigad forest is of Sheena, confirms DNA sample report; Indrani sent to judicial custody
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea, Sanjeev Khanna blame each other for the crime
- Sheena Bora murder case: Skull, more skeletal remains found in Raigad
Before leaving the building, Indrani, dressed in a purple check shirt and cream capris, was taken to the rear side of the building’s B Wing where she was seen pointing out her garage to the investigators.
The police had last week recovered a suitcase from the garage, which the accused were allegedly going to use to stuff the body of Mekhail Bora after killing him, sources said.
Officers have earlier said Sheena was kept in the trunk of a car in the garage hours before her body was dumped more than 100 km away in Raigad district.