Sleuths of Vigilance Investigation Bureau (VIB) today caught red-handed a school headmaster while allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 8,000 in Madhubani district of Bihar.
VIB officials said the arrested headmaster Ramdev Banaita is posted at government middle school at Phulparas in Madhubani, and was also functioning as drawing and disbursing officer for the school.
- Sub-Inspector arrested for taking Rs 20,000 bribe in Patna
- MSEDCL official arrested in graft case
- Mumbai: Four customs officials ‘seek Rs 50 lakh bribe’, held
- Mumbai woman constable tries to swallow bribe money after being caught
- Uttar Pradesh: Kendriya Vidyalaya teacher, ministry official held for accepting bribe
- Ernakulam Additional District Magistrate B Ramachandran arrested for accepting bribe
“One Devkrishna Mandal of the same place had complained to VIB that Banaita was demanding bribe for releasing dearness allowance and leave encashment money. The complaint was verified by our sleuths and was found to be true,” a VIB official said.
A trap team under the leadership of Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Paras Nath Singh was sent to Madhubani and it nabbed the headmaster while accepting the bribe money.
VIB officials said the arrested person is being interrogated and will be produced at Vigilance Court at Muzaffarpur later on.
So far 30 trap cases have been executed by vigilance and altogether 32 people have been arrested in them.