The Kerala government served showcause notice to ADGP Rishi Raj Singh on Wednesday for his failure to salute Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala during a police function earlier this month. In the notice issued by the home department, Singh was asked to give an explanation for his conduct.
- Kerala govt serves notice to ADGP Rishi Raj Singh for not saluting home minister
- Kerala ADGP transferred with his consent, says power minister
- IPS officer Rishi Raj Singh: Supercop who upset establishment and wouldn’t salute Kerala minister
- Politicians grumbling, CM Oommen Chandy promises action
- Kerala ADGP to face action for not saluting home minister: CM Oommen Chandy
- No salute for minister, Kerala ADGP at receiving end
Singh had kicked up a row after he did not salute the home minister when he arrived at a police function in Thrissur. While other IPS officers on the dais saluted Chennithala, Singh remained on his seat.
Later, when the issue snowballed into a controversy, Singh justified his conduct, saying that he was only a guest and was supposed to stand up only when the national anthem was sung.