To keep its swayamsevaks (volunteers) from falling for the lure of power, the RSS has started a special training programme for its workers across the country, where the only subject of discussion is the organisation and its foot soldiers.
One such five-day training schedule ended in Varanasi last week and another round, of same duration, will get underway in Nagpur from July 1. The RSS plans to conduct the training programme for the next 4 years, till the time the BJP is in power.
- Most intolerant of them all
- RSS on Pranab Mukherjee’s morphed photo: Frustrated forces doing such dirty tricks to defame us
- Full text: Pranab Mukherjee’s address at RSS headquarters in Nagpur
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat: Need to unite even if views are different
- Pranab Mukherjee describes RSS founder Keshav Baliram Hedgewar as ‘great son of Mother India’
- Where RSS has invited Pranab Mukherjee
Sources present at the Varanasi session said that Bhagwat told the gathering, that “for RSS, shakha and swayamsevaks are the only things that are important”. This “special training” is different from the annual Sangh Shiksha Vargs, claim sources. Interestingly, no other activities were discussed and no political persons allowed to enter the training camp. Sources revealed that Union Minister Kalraj Mishra was in Varanasi and tried to meet Bhagwat, but a meeting was refused. According to another source, Bhagwat was firm on keeping the focus on Sangh’s core activities.