A day after they surrendered, a local court in Limdi town of Surendranagar district sent six persons accused of hacking a murder accused to death in police custody for six days on Tuesday.
Giriraj Vaghela, Kripalsinh Zala, Paresh Dabhi, Salim Pathan, Rajdeep Zala and Arjun Zala–all residents of Limdi, had surrendered before a court in Limdi at 4 pm on Monday. Later on, Limdi police had arrested the six in connection with the alleged murder of Raghuvirsinh alias Raghu Jadeja on the night of May 12.
- Dalit man beaten to death in Gujarat: Opposition ups attack on BJP, plans protests
- Unable to send daughter abroad, debt-ridden Gujarati man shoots family
- NHRC notice to Gujarat government over attack on Dalit ragpicker
- Rajkot: Victim’s father seeks lie detector test for arrested accused, his wife
- Assault on forest officers: Hours after his arrest, ex-Gujarat MLA gets bail
- Murder accused hacked to death in Surendrangar
The police produced the arrested men before the court on Tuesday seeking their remand for 10 days. However, the court granted remand for six days or till May 25.
“The arrested men are not opening their mouth at all. They are telling us where they had been hiding after committing the murder. They are also not telling us where they have hidden five swords and a firearm used to kill Jadeja,” Limdi police sub-inspector (PSI) Babubha Zala said.
Raghu Jadeja was prime accused in alleged murder of Bhupi Rana, also a strong man of Limdi in year 2010. He was arrested subsequently and lodged in a jail in Surendranagar. However, he was releases from jail after Gujarat High Court granted him interim bail for a month on May 12. Later that evening, Jadeja was hacked to death by eight men when he was sitting with his friend Nirav Kapuria in Sukalpa street of Limdi. Kapuria was also shot at and sustained a bullet wound in his thigh but he survived.
In his complaint, Kapuria had named the six now-arrested men and two others, Dipal Jadeja and Jayvirsinh Zala as accused. Kapuria also alleged in his complaint that Jadeja was murdered to exact revenge of Bhupi Rana’s murder.