A 22-year-old youth here was beaten to death by a mob for his alleged indecent behaviour with a girl, a week after a man was lynched and hanged in Dimpaur for allegedly raping a girl.
Jeetu, a shoe factory worker, allegedly exposed himself “indecently” when a girl from his neighbourhood was passing by, following which the girl complained about the incident to her family members, police said, adding, Jeetu was allegedly drunk when he misbehaved with the girl.
Upon being informed about the incident, an irate mob, including the brothers of the girl, beat Jeetu to death, police said.
- Manipur: Man lynched on suspicion of vehicle theft, five arrested
- Bihar: Man trying to loot railway official lynched, says police
- Lynching in Alwar, Union minister sees a ‘conspiracy’ given ‘the PM’s popularity’
- Two more people held in Dhule lynching case, total arrests now stand at 25
- Dhule mob thumbed nose at police: They are dead, take them away
- Man lynched, another beaten up in Alwar: The many cases of suspected ‘child lifters’ being lynched across India
An FIR has been registered against the two brothers of the girl, who own another shoe factory and are currently absconding, police said.
Both Jeetu’s and the girl’s families belong to Dalit community.
The girl’s family resides in the Tamoli Para area of Shahganj here.
Meanwhile, Jeetu’s family members tried to block the traffic by placing his body on the road and demanded action against the culprits.