Prime Minister Narendra Modi today called on long time friend and Editor-in-Chief of Tamil weekly news magazine ‘Thuglak’, Cho Ramaswamy, at his residence in Chennai.
The meeting between Modi and Ramaswamy lasted about 10 minutes and during this brief interaction Modi enquired about Ramaswamy’s health.
Ramaswamy (80) was recently hospitalized following a brief illness.
- A satirist, fearless in his assessment of politicians
- RIP Cho Ramaswamy: Rajinikanth, Kamal Haasan, Ajith, Suriya pay tribute, see pics
- Cho Ramaswamy: Audacious political commentator, master of unbiased assessment
- Cho Ramaswamy dies at 82: Twitterati pay tributes
- When Cho Ramaswamy used ‘merchant of death’ reference to praise PM Modi
- PM Modi pays tribute to Cho Ramaswamy, says he was a multidimensional personality
PM Modi after launching the National Handloom Day celebrations here, had a luncheon meeting with Chief Minister Jayalalithaa at her Poes Garden residence and then drove straight to the residence of the veteran journalist and political commentator at M R C Nagar, sources said.
PM Modi has been a long time friend of Ramaswamy and had also participated in the 42nd anniversary of the magazine as Gujarat Chief Minister in Chennai on January 14, 2012.
Later talking to reporters, Ramaswamy said the meeting was only a meeting between friends and they did not discuss anything political.
“He is my long time friend and came to enquire about my health”, Ramaswamy added.