The 16-year-old student of Bal Bharati Public School who suffered six deep cuts on his left arm after he was attacked by his classmate with a paper cutter on the school premises was discharged on Thursday afternoon. Doctors at Ganga Ram Hospital said they had to put 40 stitches on the boys arm.
His family said they were ready to reach a compromise in the matter. They said they did not want the future of the boy who attacked their son to be affected by the incident. Speaking to Newsline,the victims mother said,My son is fine now and I do not want a case. I had warned the family of the boy that if something happens to my son,I will not let them go scot-free. But now my son is home and Im ready to let the matter go.
She also said the family of the other boy cooperated with them and were present at the hospital when her son was undergoing surgery. I do not see any point in dragging the matter further. Why should we unnecessarily spoil the life of a child who did something in a fit of rage? I do not want to take this enmity further and spoil my sons future.
She,however,said the family was waiting for the school to take disciplinary action against the boy. We want our son to study in a safe environment. The school should act in the interest of its students, she said.
Her husband is a businessman and owns showrooms in Lajpat Nagar and Karol Bagh.
The mother of the other boy had earlier told Newsline that her son regretted what he had done. She said that he took the step in a fit of rage and had never been involved in any violent brawl earlier. The family owns a footwear showroom in Patel Nagar.
When contacted,Bal Bharati principal L V Sehgal said the school was looking into the matter and would take necessary disciplinary action.
The boy who was attacked is fine now and we are investigating the matter. We looked into the past records of the school and found that there was no complaint whatsoever about the accused student. He had never indulged in such activity before, Sehgal said.