Violating the ceasefire yet again, Pakistani Rangers resorted to firing of mortar bombs on border out posts along the International Border in Jammu district.
“Pakistan Rangers resorted to firing of two mortar bombs on BoPs along IB in R S Pura sector around 10.40 PM last night”, a senior BSF officer said today.
- No exchange of sweets between BSF, Pakistan Rangers at Attari-Wagah border this Eid
- J-K: Four BSF personnel killed in ceasefire violation by Pakistan along IB
- BSF jawan among two injured in Pakistan shelling along IB in Samba-Kathua region
- Ceasefire violation: One killed as Pak Rangers target 17 BOPs, villages in Jammu
- BSF, Pak Rangers exchange gunfire in Samba sector
- Pak violates ceasefire again,BSF jawan injured in firing
BSF troops guarding the borderline did not retaliate, he said.
“There was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the Pakistani firing”, he said.
This is second ceasefire violation along the IB in 12 hours.
Yesterday, Pakistani Rangers violated the ceasefire by resorting to small arms firing and mortar shelling on 23 BoPs along the IB in Akhnoor sector in Jammu district, drawing retaliation from the BSF.
Pakistani troops had violated the ceasefire four time on July 29 and July 30 along the LoC.
There have been three incidents of sniper attacks by Pakistani troops along the LoC in July. An Army jawan was killed in Poonch and two BSF jawans were killed in similar incidents along the LoC in Kashmir Valley.
There have been 18 ceasefire violations along the Indo-Pak border in July in which four persons, including three jawans, were killed and 14 others injured.