Updated: May 5, 2014 5:42:31 pm
With the controversy surrounding Doordarshan’s Narendra Modi interview refusing to die down, Prasar Bharati CEO Jawhar Sircar on Sunday said the issue related to the autonomy of the public broadcaster is in the public domain and added he and his team had been trying to put the house in order for the past two years.
“Our job is to put our house in order first, which the board and my team are trying so hard for nearly two years,” Sircar told PTI when asked about the steps Prasar Bharati is planning take in the wake of the controversy.
“Regarding autonomy, the issue is in public domain now and we have correspondence on each issue, with refusals, on record,” he said.
DD had on April 26 interviewed BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Modi at Gandhinagar and then telecast it the next day. However, remarks made by Modi on Priyanka Gandhi and his claims of proximity with Ahmed Patel were edited out.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.