Hours after the Nepal earthquake caused widespread loss to life and property in Kathmandu, a network consultant from Pune tweeted to External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj’s handle seeking help in contacting her father stationed in the capital.
- Rajnath Singh on trolls against Sushma Swaraj: It’s absolutely wrong
- Days after calling out abuse, Sushma Swaraj starts Twitter poll on trolling
- Swaraj Kaushal calls out troll by retweeting tweet attacking Sushma Swaraj
- Back from Europe tour, Sushma Swaraj calls out social media abusers
- Nepal terms Sushma Swaraj’s remarks on PM Modi’s Janakpur reception as ‘unfortunate’
- No place like ‘Indian occupied Kashmir’, Sushma Swaraj tell J&K student who asked for help
“I had been trying hard since afternun to reach to MEA nos.My dad is in Kathmandu I m unable 2contact him plz help ppl like us (sic),” Anuradha tweeted from her handle.
Sushma immediately replied asking for her father’s details and the address from where they will be able to locate him. The MEA minister has also accepted to help find one Dr Sridhar Reddy staying in a lodge at Dingboche.
This was not the first time Sushma reached out via the social media platform to those in distress. Last month, she helped unite a Yemeni woman, who was married to an India, with her eight-month-old son.