Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday paid tributes to B R Ambedkar on his 125th birth anniversary, and asked the countrymen to dedicate themselves to creating India that he dreamt of.
“I bow to Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar on his birth anniversary – Jai Bhim,” the Prime Minister said in his message.
- In Bastar, PM Modi invokes Ambedkar, appeals to Naxals to give up arms
- Ambedkar’s Constitution inclusive: CM Devendra Fadnavis
- PM Modi greets nation on Ambedkar Jayanti, says Babasaheb gave hope to poorest, marginalised sections
- Ambedkar Jayanti 2018: All you need to know about ‘Architect of Indian Constitution’
- Everyone rushes to do politics in Ambedkar’s name: PM Modi
- Remembering Ambedkar: Govt making all efforts for inclusive India, says PM Modi
“Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar is a yug purush (man of the era) who lives in the hearts and minds of crores of Indians. His life is characterised by unmatched determination and a firm commitment towards social justice. He made a mark as a bright lawyer, scholar, writer and intellectual who always spoke his mind,” Modi said.
“Who can forget Dr Ambedkar’s contribution in the making of our Constitution? He served the nation and the people tirelessly and selflessly.”
“Let us pledge to dedicate ourselves to creating the India that Dr Ambedkar dreamt of…an India that will make him proud,” Modi said.