A moderate earthquake measuring 5.4 on the Richter scale hit the Andaman Island region at about 2.45 PM on Friday.
- Mild earthquake in Himachal Pradesh, no casualties reported
- Gujarat: Earthquake measuring 3.7 hits Bharuch district, epicentre near Narmada dam
- Quake hits Andaman Sea, Met rules out tsunami
- 6.5 quake jolts Andaman and Nicobar islands, no Tsunami threat: govt
- Moderate quake hits Andaman Islands
- Major quake hits Andamans
The depth of the earthquake was measured as 10 km, India Meteorological Department (IMD) said in a statement.
Reports of damage to properties or life have not been received so far, it said.
The earthquake comes within a week of the high intensity quake that hit Nepal and adjoining areas including parts of India last Saturday.