A conglomeration of Mizoram’s church leaders has appealed to all Mizo Christians not to observe the International Day of Yoga, planned for this Sunday.
A brief statement from the Mizoram Kohhran Hruaitu Committee (Mizoram Church Leader’s Committee) or MKHC said it finds it extremely regrettable that the day has been scheduled to clash with a holy day for Christians.
“We appeal to all Mizo Christians to not observe the International Day of Yoga,” the MKHC said.
- Mizoram students’ body submits memorandum to PM Modi over Assam border issue
- Mizoram church to dole out cash for having more babies: Rs 4k for fourth, Rs 5k for fifth and so on…
- Will sever ties with BJP to protect culture and religion: Mizoram’s Zoram Nationalist Party
- Church bodies in Nagaland and Manipur oppose Yoga Day on Sunday
- Yoga Day a subtle RSS plot of weaning people to Hinduism, says Mizoram Minister
- Churches in Mizoram urge EC to change poll schedule in state
Church leaders in Mizoram had earlier submitted a memorandum to BJP President Amit Shah when he visited the state in mid-April.
In that memorandum, the MKHC protested against the designation of December 25 (Christmas) as Good Governance Day and the calling of a meeting of various Judges of the Supreme Court and High Courts on Good Friday, which this year fell on April 4.