The Kerala Government on Wednesday gave administrative sanction for implementing light metro projects in Thiruvananthapuram and Kozhikode cities. The Delhi Metro Corporation, which is already the executing agency for the Kochi metro, would implement the two light metro projects, which would require an investment of Rs 6728 crore. The DMRC had prepared the detailed project report for the light metros.
- Kochi Metro inauguration: After PMO nod, E Sreedharan to share dais with Modi
- Delivered in 985 days: Kochi metro rail launched by Oommen Chandy
- Waiting for Sreedharan to be Metro man
- Kochi Metro ex-MD letter on Sreedharan role kicks up a row
- Kerala for DMRC taking up Kochi metro project
- DMRC to execute Kochi Metro Rail project
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said the project would be implemented under the leadership of DMRC and its principal advisor E Sreedharan. The government would approach the Union Government seeking an in-principal clearance for the project.