The Karnataka government has decided to withdraw the recruitment notification for 352 Gazetted Probationary posts, issued in 2011, following corruption in the selection process. The police recently submitted a report to the government confirming corruption in recruitment.
Based on the report, the state Cabinet on Thursday decided to withdraw the notification and conduct fresh exams. Law and Parliamentary Affairs Minister T B Jayachandra said after the Cabinet meeting that the government was withdrawing the notification for the selection of 352 Gazetted Probationary posts. “Today we have decided to withdraw the notification and begin fresh recruitments,” Jayachandra said. Candidates who appeared for the examination in 2011 will get an age relaxation to reappear in the fresh exam to be conducted through the Karnataka Public Service Commission.
Meanwhile, candidates who were selected through the 2011 process started protests against the state government. More than 100 candidates had been on a hunge-rstrike for the past 19 days and were hoping to end it on Wednesday if the government made a decision in their favour.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines