A former militant was killed and his three year old son seriously injured when unidentified persons fired at him in Sagipora village in Sopore.
Police said the incident took place in the evening. The decesed has been identified as Bahir Ahmad Bhat.
The unidentified persons first hurled grenade towards Bhat and later fired on him. Both father and the son received serious injuries in the attack and were shifted to Sopore hospital, while Bhat succumbed to his injuries, the condition of child is stated to be critical.
- Assam killings: ‘Linkman’ for ULFA(I) first to be arrested
- J&K: Militants kill cop at home in Sopore
- J-K: ‘Militant’, Hurriyat activist killed; one shot at
- Unidentified gunmen shot dead ‘IS-JK’ militant in Srinagar
- J&K: Three-year-old boy injured in attack on ex-militant father dies in Sopore
- Hurriyat Conference member, medical employee shot dead by unidentified gunmen
After the attack police reached the spot and started investigation. The child has been referred to Srinagar. Bhat was former militant of Jamait ul Mujahedeen. Since April, he is the seventh person who has been killed by unidentified gunmen in Sopore and its adjoining localities.