Some miscreants on Wednesday hoisted a Pakistani flag in Kishtwar town where Muslims observed bandh during the day in protest against the killing of civilians by unidentified gunmen in the Valley.
- Shia Waqf Board chairman Rizvi moves SC against ‘unislamic’ flags hoisting
- Kathua rape-murder case: Low response to strike called by Bar Association, market reopens in Jammu
- Bharat Bandh: Markets in Malwa remain shut in support
- Dalit protests: Clashes in Malwa, four FIRs registered against protesters
- Kathua rape-murder: Demand for CBI inquiry gains pace as locals observe bandh
- Kashmir unrest: In solidarity with protestors, Muslims in Ramban observe bandh
Sources said that call for bandh was given by local Muslim leaders. However, the bandh was partial as it was confined only to the Muslim community who had closed their business establishments.
Though the bandh passed off peacefully with no incident of violence reported from any place, sources said that a Pakistani flag was seen hoisted in the local play ground. It was immediately removed by local police.