The parents of a four-year-old girl, suffering from a squint in her eye, have lodged a complaint with the police alleging that doctors at a renowned eye hospital in Jalandhar operated on her right eye instead of the left eye which had the problem. The family resides in Philippines but Mandeep Singh, father of four-year-old Kirandeep, hails from Jalandhar. The family has now accused a prominent eye surgeon of negligence.
- Delhi: Six-year-old abducted and raped, one arrested
- Jalandhar: Minor raped near railway station
- Woman injured in Andheri bridge collapse dies
- Delhi: 4-yr-old rape victim from Satna airlifted to AIIMS
- After death of 6-year-old girl: 2 guards injured, doctors attacked in Nagpur hospital
- Woman given acid in place of water at private hospital in Bihar, dies
The SHO of police division six, Nirmal Singh, said that as per the complaint, the surgery was performed at a renowned hospital in the city on Friday. “We have received a complaint of negligence against an eye surgeon of a Model Town-based hospital but there was no complaint against the said hospital,” the SHO said, adding that the doctor told police that to correct the squint in the left eye, it was necessary to operate on the muscles of the right eye at times.