A total of 171 Army personnel have martyred while fighting terrorists since 2012, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said.
- Should the Army have taken Rahul Gandhi along while carrying out surgical strikes, asks Manohar Parrikar
- Surgical strikes: From September 29 night ops to latest video proof, all you need to know
- Congress’ policy in ‘sync’ with terrorists, alleges BJP
- Pakistan confirms killing of TTP chief Mullah Fazlullah in Afghanistan
- Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar to return to Goa tomorrow
- 39 accidents of defence aircraft over last 3 years: Manohar Parrikar
In a written reply in Rajya Sabha to a question on how many army persons have been killed in 2012, 2013 and 2014 , the Minister said, 61 Army personnel were killed in 2012 and the number decreased to 54 in 2013.
In 2014, 56 Army personnel were killed while fighting against terrorists, he said.