A total of 171 Army personnel have martyred while fighting terrorists since 2012, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said.
- J&K: Two Pakistani intruders, three jawans killed in encounter near LoC, operation underway
- Manohar Parrikar threatening people from hospital: Congress
- J&K: Army foils infiltration bid in Gurez; major, three jawans killed
- Should the Army have taken Rahul Gandhi along while carrying out surgical strikes, asks Manohar Parrikar
- 39 accidents of defence aircraft over last 3 years: Manohar Parrikar
- Attacks, an attempt by militants to raise their low morale: Defence Minister Parrikar
In a written reply in Rajya Sabha to a question on how many army persons have been killed in 2012, 2013 and 2014 , the Minister said, 61 Army personnel were killed in 2012 and the number decreased to 54 in 2013.
In 2014, 56 Army personnel were killed while fighting against terrorists, he said.