In A bid to groom freshly recruited IAS officers at the Centre, the government has decided that IAS probationers will start their career from Delhi instead of cadre states they have been allocated.
“From this year onwards, the new IAS probationers will start their career with a three-month stint at the Centre before going to their respective states of posting as per the cadre allocation,” Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Jitendra Singh said.
- Punjab CM seeks increase in IAS cadre strength
- A bureaucracy for our times
- Wrong end of the frame
- Service & cadre: Not just UPSC exam, score in foundation course may also matter
- Shortage of 1,496 IAS officers in country: Govt
- Chief Secretary ‘assault’ case: Delhi govt officers delegation meets Jitendra Singh
He was speaking at a felicitation function held on Saturday attended by Ira Singhal, Nidhi Gupta and Vandana Rao — Delhi girls who topped the civil services examination, 2014.
Singh said this will “not only help in enriching their perspective, but would also acquaint them with the functioning of the Union government and enable them to get themselves introduced to various functionaries and officials in the central government hierarchy”.