In last ten days, three persons have died due to severe heat wave conditions gripping Gujarat, officials said today.
“Three persons have died due to heat-stroke due to the extreme heat wave in the city at civic body run hospitals so far in last ten days,” Dr Paresh Bodat, an officer of epidemic cell in the health department of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC), said.
For last few days, Gujarat has been in the grip of the extreme heat-wave where in maximum temperatures of most of the towns including Ahmedabad shot up to 44 degree Celsius throwing life out of gear.
A 24-year-old man from Isanpur area of the city died yesterday due to heat-stroke in L G hospital in Maninagar area here, said Bodat.
- 124 heatstroke cases across Maharashtra in March
- Heat wave arrives early: Maharashtra govt asks districts to keep emergency plan in place
- India likely to experience ‘deadly heat wave’, study shows
- Ahmedabad records hottest day in century as mercury hits 48 degrees Celcius
- Heat wave leaves 43 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 29 in 3 days in Ahmedabad
On May 16, a 48-year-old woman, affected with heat wave, died here at Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC)-run Vadilal Sarabhai hospital, he said.
Prior to that on May 9, an unknown man, aged about 45, who had been found unconscious behind V S hospital, has also succumbed to heat-stroke, he said.
While, around 20 persons, affected with heat-stroke, have been taking treatment at the various city hospitals.
AMC has also issued guidelines to protect citizens from the scorching heat.
It has advised the people to keep drinking lots of water and fruit-juice to avoid heat-stroke. Children, elderly persons, pregnant women lactating mothers are advised to remain indoors during day-time, it said.
Special measures of providing shelters and butter-milk should be taken at construction sites to save labourers from heat-wave, it said.
If a persons feels weakness, nausea and giddiness in heat condition, then he or she should immediately call ‘108’ (ambulance service) to take treatment for heat-stroke, it said.