To mark the 125th birth anniversary of the father of Indian Constitution, B R Ambedkar, Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) is planning to take out a “Bhim Jyoti Yatra” for 16 days and 13 nights. The state party unit will cover 4,000 kilometres over 26 districts and eight municipal corporations during the yatra.
Giving details, GPCC president Bharatsinh Solanki told the mediapersons in Ahmedabad on Friday that the yatra would be divided in three zones — Saurashtra, Kutch-North Zone and South-Central Zone.
The Saurashtra yatra will be flagged off on June 8 from Surendranagar. It will cover 12 districts and four municipal corporations in seven days and six nights.
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan’s statewide yatra ends abruptly, Congress says poor turnout behind move
- Gujarat Congress ‘pani yatra’ to end today
- Congress launches 20-day yatra to woo Dalits
- Congress targetting RSS in ‘Bhim Jyot Yatras’
- Rahul Gandhi likely to address two rallies in UP
- Before it begins,Cong mega-yatra hits Maya hurdle
Kutch-North Zone yatra will start from Bhuj on June 10 and cover six districts and one municipal corporation in five days and four nights.
South-Central Zone yatra will start from Valsad on June 11 and cover eight districts and two municipal corporations in four days and three nights.
The yatra will finally culminate at Memco Cross Roads in Naroda area of Ahmedabnad on June 14.
Solanki said that elaborate arrangements were being made for the yatra. Dalit litterateurs, poets, writers and eminent personalities will be felicitated at different places.