A civilian was killed and four others including a CRPF jawan were wounded after unidentified men lobbed a grenade in Achabal in south Kashmir’s Anantnag District on Saturday afternoon.
Officials said that the grenade which was aimed at a CRPF patrol deployed in the area missed the target and exploded near the bus stand.
“The blast took place in the afternoon at Achbal bus stand,” said SP Anantnag Abdul Jabbar. “The injured civilians have been shifted to the hospital for treatment.”
- J&K: Gunbattle near Amarnath Yatra route, four ISJK militants killed
- Anantnag: Gunbattle near Amarnath Yatra route, four militants killed
- Centre ends Ramzan ceasefire in J-K: A look at how militants defied govt’s initiative for peace with violence
- Srinagar: Four CRPF personnel, two civilians hurt in multiple grenade attacks
- Jammu & Kashmir: Six injured in grenade blast
- Jammu and Kashmir: Grenade hurled at PDP MLA Mushtaq Shah’s house, no injuries reported
The police officer said that they are investigating the incident.
A police official said that a critically injured civilian succumbed to his injuries at the hospital.
Soon after the attack, additional security personnel were rushed to the spot and a hunt has been launched to nab the militants.