Ishpreet Kaur, 18, a student of class 12 committed suicide by hanging at her home near Sunil Park on Jassian road on Tuesday. Reportedly, she took the extreme step fearing poor results of board exams.
The victim was alone at home when the incident happened. The father of the deceased who is a property dealer, was in his office and the mother was at a private school where she teaches.
- Suicide days before class X results: Boy kills himself over result fears, family says he cleared exams
- Class XII student found hanging, police say results could be trigger
- CBSE Class 10 results in, three student suicides in Delhi
- Delhi: Upset over scoring 70% in CBSE board, class 10 girl from Ryan International commits suicide
- Three students end life after failing to clear SSC exam
- Fear of Boards drives Class X student to suicide
On the same afternoon, when the family members returned home they were shocked to see Kaur’s lifeless body hanging from the ceiling fan. On being informed, the division number 4 police reached the spot and initiated investigation.
The police filed the proceedings under section 174 of CrPC.
Inspector Gurpreet Singh, SHO at division number 4 said, “The parents have said that since the end of her board exams, the girl was nervous and under depression. She was not consuming food properly and remained quiet. As per preliminary investigation, the step was taken due to fear of exam results.”