The government will decide on Wednesday whether companies affiliated to Kalanithi Maran-promoted Sun Network — the ones that had applied for the auction and migration from phase 2 to phase 3 of FM Radio and were denied security clearance by the Ministry of Home Affairs — are allowed to participate in the FM radio e-auction.
- FM auction: Government to challenge Madras and Delhi HC decisions on Sun TV
- Broadcast Licence: I&B Ministry likely to stick to MHA line on Sun TV channels
- Govt bars five Sun firms from e-auction
- Arun Jaitley likely to discuss Sun TV licence issue with PM Narendra Modi today
- Dark clouds creeping over Sun
- Home Ministry denies security OK to Maran radio, Arun Jaitley asks why
The matter was examined in detail at the Application Review Committee meeting conducted by the I&B Ministry on Tuesday. However, a final call on whether Sun Network companies can be allowed to bid in the FM radio auction was kept pending, sources said. With I&B Minister Arun Jaitley and MoS I&B Rajyavardhan Rathore out of Delhi on Tuesday, the ministry officials, sources said, chose to keep the decision in abeyance.