The weekend has arrived, but we recommend you go through these five Indian Express stories before starting your Saturday.
1. UPSET WITH AAP: Delhi L-G Najeeb Jung is learnt to have expressed deep concern over the functioning of the Arvind Kejriwal government while speaking at the President’s annual governors’ meet, going to the extent of saying that its members had “little consideration” for rules and regulations.
At governors’ meet, L-G slams govt: Minister misbehaves; party storms schools, hospitals, report by Pranab Dhal Samanta
2. AAP TO FIGHT BACK: The AAP government in Delhi may have turned from ashes to dust. But perhaps an AAP phoenix was rising from the rubble, with an unchained Arvind Kejriwal at its helm.
Dipankar Ghose reports: Kejriwal’s resignation: Supporters hope party will be reborn in Lok Sabha
3. FUNDS BLOCKED: The home ministry has blocked funding of 300,000 pounds (Rs 3.09 crore) for Amnesty International India as the source of a third of that amount is a trust registered in the tax haven of Gibraltar, founded by a man of Indian origin who pleaded guilty to gambling fraud in the US.
Appu Esthose Suresh on MHA suspects source, blocks funding to Amnesty India unit
4. AKHILESH PULLED UP: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and the ruling SP was in for some embarrassment on Friday as the Supreme Court questioned their decision to bestow on around 100 leaders the status of Cabinet Minister, Minister of State and Deputy Minister.
SC pulls up SP govt for giving Cabinet, MoS status to leaders, report by Utkarsh Anand
5. PEPPER SPRAY: The most fascinating aspect of the pepper-spray episode is how quick all of us have been to jump at the throat of the political class. Nobody had figured that the man credited with the worst conduct ever in the history of our Parliament was not your usual politician but a fabled and much-favoured star of corporate India.
National Interest: India Stinc by Shekhar Gupta
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines