Taking a cue from Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar, Army chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag on Tuesday directed his officers and others not to clap after his address.
- Back in Goa, Manohar Parrikar tweets video thanking well wishers, vows to work for welfare of state
- Day after return from US, Goa CM Manohar Parrikar visits temples, chairs meet
- Defence Minister Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Manohar Parrikar arrives in J-K to review security situation
- Delhi confidential: Cap On Clapping
- Army chief briefs PM Modi on China, Pakistan border situation
“After I finish my address please do not clap. Hereafter, we will maintain the decorum of not clapping in uniform,” Gen Suhag said after a round of applause following his address at an Army event in the capital.
The General also noticed that he had forgotten to mention it at the start of his address. He also referred to Parrikar, who after his address at Commanders’ conference last month, had said he was under the impression that people in uniform don’t clap after an individual’s address.