Five persons, including two girls, were injured in a fight when a fight broke out between two families over a stray dog here, police said on Wednesday.
A stray canine bit one Santosh Laskari’s pet dog in Sriram Nagar last night. Angry at this, the owner beat up the stray dog and damaged his eye, Aerodrome Road police station sub-inspector said.
- Chandigarh stray dog menace: 74-year-old NRI attacked
- Kashmiris roughed up in Delhi: Police arrest four, say fight was over feeding stray dogs
- Kashmiri siblings beaten up near home, called ‘terrorists’
- Dogs maul two more kids in Sitapur
- Kids mauled to death in Sitapur: Not like regular dogs, they don’t bark, have heavier bodies, say witnesses
- Delhi: Man, son arrested for beating stray dog to death
Upset with Laskari’s merciless attempt, his neighbour Kamla Bai entered into a heated argument with him as she was a dog lover and used to feed the injured animal.
The moment Kamla said that Santosh’s animal was a bad canine, the latter and his family members started pelting stones at her. Kamla escaped unhurt, but five of her family members, including two girls’ sustained injuries, he said. Santosh has been booked under relevant sections of the IPC and investigations are on, he said.