Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh got married to TV anchor Amrita Rai in Chennai late last month, sources said.
The former Madhya Pradesh chief minister is currently in the US. Sources close to the 68-year-old leader confirmed the wedding.
Rai was unavailable for comment, and staff at her Rajya Sabha TV office told The Sunday Express that she is on leave.
- Amrita Rai files hacking complaint with police
- Not a ‘coward’ like Narendra Modi to hide my marital status: Digvijaya Singh
- From Digvijaya Singh to Arvind Kejriwal, social media a double edged sword for political leaders
- Digvijay’s son says his relationship ‘personal matter’
- After photos go viral, Digvijaya goes public with ‘relationship’
- Digvijaya Singh goes public with ‘relationship’ after photos go viral
Singh had confirmed his relationship with Rai, 44, in April last year. “She and her husband have already filed a mutual consent divorce case. Once that is decided we would formalise it,” he wrote on Twitter.
Rai had also accepted the relationship on Twitter, saying, “I have separated from my husband and we have filed a mutual consent divorce papers. After which I have decided to marry with Digvijaya Singh.”
Singh’s wife passed away in 2013 after prolonged illness. He has four daughters and a son.