Delhi gangrape: Witness claims two accused were not in bushttps://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/delhi-gangrape-witness-claims-two-accused-were-not-in-bus/

Delhi gangrape: Witness claims two accused were not in bus

The minor was made a witness by the accused to prove their innocence in the case.

New Delhi: A minor,who was made a witness by the accused to prove their innocence in December 16 gangrape case,on Saturday produced before a court a video clipping which showed that two of the four youths facing trial were present at a music function on the night of the incident.

A 15-year-old boy,appearing in defence of Vinay Sharma,showed a video recording to Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna pointing out that Vinay and co-accused Pawan Gupta was present in the music function in south Delhi at the time of the incident.

The boy said in his cross-examination by the prosecution that Vinay and Pawan were not in the bus in which a 23-year-old girl was gangraped allegedly by a group of six persons.

Special Public Prosecutor Dayan Krishnan and Rajiv Mohan,however,counter the minor’s contention saying he has concocted a false story at the behest of the accused and his family members as he is accused’ child-hood friend.

Advertising

However,the boy rejected the prosecution allegation saying he is not lying as he has taken oath in the name of God and is deposing the correct facts.

“There was no musical programme organised on December 16,2012 in the evening time in the district park (south Delhi). The DDA/horticulture department does not allow such programme in the park and no one is allowed to enter the park after 7:00 pm in the evening,” the prosecution said.

Vinay had claimed that on December 16 last year,he was at a music function and not in the bus in which the incident of robbery of a carpenter and gangrape took place.