Follow Us:
Saturday, July 21, 2018

Delhi court accepts CBI closure in Lalli case

The CBI, in its closure report, had said that they have not found substantive evidence against Lalli and managing director of Delhi-based Zoom Communications, Vaseem Ahmed Dehlvi, also the resident director of UK-based SIS Live.

By: Express News Service | New Delhi | Published: May 27, 2014 12:57:47 am

A Delhi court has accepted CBI’s closure report in a case involving former Prasar Bharti CEO B S Lalli saying the probe could not establish “mens rea” (guilty mind) or “criminality” on his part on charges of committing fraud in awarding broadcasting rights for CWG 2010.

The CBI, in its closure report, had said that they have not found substantive evidence against Lalli and managing director of Delhi-based Zoom Communications, Vaseem Ahmed Dehlvi, also the resident director of UK-based SIS Live.

“Thus, investigation into the allegations against accused B S Lalli and other accused persons could not establish any mens rea or criminality on the part of the accused persons. In view of the… discussion, there is no infirmity in the closure report filed by the CBI. Same is therefore, accepted,” Special CBI Judge Madhu Jain said. The closure report was filed by CBI in July last year.

The CBI, in its FIR, had booked both Lalli and Dehlvi in 2012 for the offences punishable under sections 120-B (criminal conspiracy) and 420 (cheating) of IPC and criminal misconduct by public servant in the matter of award of ‘Production and Coverage’ for the 2010 Commonwealth Games held at New Delhi.

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement