Follow Us:
Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Court orders wife to live with estranged husband

Delhi court orders her on the ground that she had left him without any reasonable excuse.

Written by Agencies | New Delhi | Published: May 16, 2012 7:11:06 pm

A woman,who had deserted her husband,has been directed by a Delhi court to live with him on the ground that she had left him without any “reasonable excuse”.

Additional district judge Surinder Kumar Sharma allowed the plea of the Delhi-based man seeking restitution of conjugal rights with his wife,who along with their son had left his company two years ago and was living with her parents.

“The petitioner (man) has proved that the respondent (woman) has withdrawn from the society of petitioner without any reasonable excuse. Hence,the petition is decreed in favour of the man for restitution of conjugal rights,” the court said.

The judge passed the order after the woman,a teacher in a reputed school here and is living with her parents in Meerut,did not appear in the court despite receiving its notice and was proceeded as ex parte.

The man approached the court saying he had married the woman in February 2001 and a son was born to them in 2005. He said his wife,under her parents’ influence,”ill-treated” him and his family members and she also used to quarrel with them without any issue.

He said his wife,being a school teacher here,was earning handsome salary and she left him in July 2010 and also lodged false complaints against him and his family.

The man said that he tried to patch up with his wife several times and had also visited her parental house but she was not ready to accompany him.

“The petitioner (man) tried his best to sort out disputes between them and tried to make the respondent (wife) and her family understand. But the family members of the respondent did not care for the sentiments of the petitioner. All efforts made by the petitioner have gone in vain,” the husband,in his petition,said.

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App