Congress on Tuesday voiced displeasure over former Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit’s remarks that there was “skepticism” over Rahul Gandhi’s leadership qualities saying senior leaders should “refrain” from making such comments.
“Senior leaders expressing such opinions publicly is not correct. In the last two-three days, three-four senior leaders have made remarks, which give an impression that there is some difference of opinion between Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi. There is absolutely no such thing in Congress,” party spokesperson P C Chacko said.
His remarks came after Dikshit voiced reservations over Rahul Gandhi’s likely elevation as party president saying there was “skepticism” over his leadership qualities and pitched for continuance of Sonia Gandhi at the helm.
- Rahul Gandhi rejigs CWC: No chief ministers, no one from Bengal, Bihar
- Chidambaram rejects BJP charge against Rahul Gandhi: Laughable, absurd
- Lok Sabha elections: Rahul Gandhi should lead opposition alliance to defeat BJP, says Sheila Dikshit
- Top Opposition leaders skip Rahul Gandhi’s first iftaar as Congress president
- PM in 2019 if Congress wins majority? Yes, why not, says Rahul Gandhi; BJP makes fun
- Cong’s Ajay Maken blames Sheila Dikshit for Delhi polls debacle
“Sheilaji is a very senior leader of Congress party. I feel, it is my personal opinion, that all senior leaders should refrain from making such comments. There is no clash between Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi.
“Both of them—the President and the Vice President–are respected leaders. They are working together very well…Every decision of the party is being taken only by both the leaders and there is no clash between them,” Chacko said.
The 77-year-old veteran said that under the incumbent president there was a “comfort feeling” and that the party could rely on her “overpowering and very successful” leadership for its revival.
Chacko said that there is “absolutely no question” about the leadership of Rahul Gandhi.