Congress today attacked Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Babulal Gaur over his allegedly vulgar public remarks about women.
“This has exposed the way Gaur and his party (BJP) treat women. He must apologise,” Congress spokesperson Shobha Oza said reacting to Gaur’s statement.
- Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Babulal Gaur resigns from post
- Video shows MP minister Babulal Gaur touching woman inappropriately
- ‘Told Russian woman I can show how to remove dhoti,’ says MP Home Minister Babulal Gaur
- Rape is sometimes wrong and sometimes right, a social problem, no govt can prevent it: Babulal Gaur
- Babulal Gaur in full flow and against the tide
- ‘Chennai crime rate low as women wear full clothes’
MP Congress unit’s chief spokesman KK Mishra said, “Seasoned and senior leaders like him should refrain from making such comments.”
Gaur, a former MP chief minister, had courted controversy by his remarks about women kissing politicians in public and how to wear a dhoti.
His comments, made at a public function two days back, had reportedly left even some state BJP leaders present embarrassed.