BSP leader and coordinator for Azamgarh division Mithailal Bharti has been booked for allegedly attempting to rape a party worker in Ballia district.
Police lodged the FIR, with charges of molestation and attempt to rape, on Thursday after the woman submitted a complaint to DIG, Azamgarh Range. The alleged incident took place on May 25.
- Delhi policeman’s son arrested for thrashing woman, charged with rape after Rajnath Singh orders action
- Delhi: 24-year-old held for rape of minor, had tried to kidnap another girl earlier
- Bhopal: Director of hostel arrested over rape, molestation allegations
- BSP ex-MLC’s watchman accused of sexual assault
- Woman alleges rape by BJP MLA Bhanushali: Gujarat High Court asks police officers to appear before court
- Uttar Pradesh: Tricked, made to embrace Islam, says woman married for 10 years
Phephna Station officer Shyamji Singh Yadav said the woman, who was known to Bharti, had alleged she was in Phephna and was waiting to go to Ghazipur on May 25, when the BSP leader reached there in his car.
He offered to drop her at her destination and molested her in the car, she alleged, adding that he also tried to rape her.
Bharti declined to comment on the allegations.