Follow Us:
Monday, July 04, 2022

Briefly State

Violence after Vienna killing: Affected can claim compensation

Written by Express News Service |
Updated: April 9, 2014 2:48:08 pm

Violence after Vienna killing: Affected can claim compensation

Chandigarh: The Punjab government Monday said that people can claim compensation for property damaged in mob violence after the 2009 assassination of Sant Ramanand,a religious leader of Dera Sach Khand Ballan in Austria. Affected persons from districts including Amritsar,Hoshiarpur,Jalandhar,Kapurthala,Ludhiana,Sri Muktsar Sahib and SBS Nagar can now submit their claims directly to the Claim Commission,Home Affairs and Justice Department,Punjab along with an affidavit and copy of FIR,an official said.

Markfed to launch packaged water

Chandigarh: Punjab Markfed is all set to expand its product range by launching bottled drinking water under its premium brand ‘Sohna’,an official said Monday. The production unit for packaging drinking water is likely to come up at Chuharwali village in Jalandhar district and the unit will be made operational by January,2014.

Best of Express Premium
There are no stars anymore, says Karan Johar. Why he is rightPremium
Get inspired: Why did Sardar Patel say that civil servants must not take ...Premium
NITI Aayog-commissioned report which studied 3 orders by Supreme Court, 2...Premium
Inside Track: Amit Shah’s strategy for Maharashtra and FadnavisPremium

Herbs seized from Punjab bound truck

Kathua: Jammu and Kashmir Excise and Taxation department has seized Rs 3 crore-worth banned medicinal herb ‘Nag Chatri’,from an Amritsar-bound truck,which intercepted at Lakhanpur inter-state toll plaza on Jammu-Punjab highway late Sunday,officials said. While the documents showed the consignment as dry fruits,during checks the banned herb was found. The vehicle was seized and a case was registered under the Indian Forest Act,they said.

State directive to curb ragging

Chandigarh: With the beginning of new academic session,Punjab government has directed the education department,private institutes and universities to take strict action against those found indulged in ragging,while UGC has launched a helpline for the victims. “Punjab Government is committed to eradicate the scourge of ragging from the universities,colleges and technical educational institutes,” an official said adding,that the victims of ragging can call toll free on 1800-180-5522 and register their complaints. He said that it has also made mandatory for the educational institutes to depute a nodal person,to whom the victims could contact for help.

JULY 4 SALE! Only for our international readers, monthly pricing starting at just $2.50

📣 Join our Telegram channel (The Indian Express) for the latest news and updates

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App.

  • Newsguard
  • The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
  • Newsguard
0 Comment(s) *
* The moderation of comments is automated and not cleared manually by