Singh was working on the merchant vessel Gulf Dove.
INS Tarkash, which evacuated about 450 people from Aden harbour on Friday, is carrying his body to Djibouti.
- ‘Navy had a tough time at Aden port before rescuing Indians’
- Indian Navy’s ships return after participating in ‘Operation Rahat’ in Yemen
- Explained: How India evacuated 5000 stranded in Yemen
- Yemen crisis: INS Mumbai evacuates 441 Indians from Aden
- Yemen: Naval warship sails into ‘barrage of bombs’, evacuates 349 Indians
- Yemen battle: India sends ships to evacuate expats, PM seeks Saudi help
Government sources said the exact dates of his injury or death have not been confirmed so far.
India had on Thursday concluded its air evacuation operations from Yemen, rescuing another 630 of its citizens from Sanaa and taking the total number of Indians brought home from the war-ravaged country to over 4,640. India has also evacuated around 960 nationals from 41 countries.