The BJP Monday observed the first anniversary of Gandhi Maidan serial blasts by organising an event to pay tribute to the six victims, whom they referred to as “family members”.
The BJP, which has already installed statues of the blast victims in their villages, also showed video clips of the incident, which took place during Narendra Modi’s Hunkar rally last year. The BJP had taken out an “asthi kalash yatra” from the villages of the blast victims last November.
Senior BJP leaders Sushil Kumar Modi, Assembly Opposition leader Nand Kishore Yadav and MP Shatrughan Sinha attended the function.
Later, the party put pressure on the JD(U) government for “being soft in handling of terrorism”. Speaking to The Indian Express, former deputy CM Sushil Kumar Modi said: “We want to know from the JD(U) government why it did not order any probe into security lapses during Gandhi Maidan blasts.” He said that the BJP had already given Rs 5 lakh compensation to the next of kin of each blast victim.
The JD(U) has, meanwhile, alleged that the BJP was playing politics in the name of the blasts, first by taking out ‘asthi kalash yatra’ and now by building statues.